About Me

My photo
Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
I love making jewellery of all kinds. Scrabble and Lego jewellery have been popular for a while but now the 50 Shades of Grey range and the Zingy Blobs are selling well too. I make everything from unique gemstone necklace sets to phone charms. I love making tiaras and bridal jewellery and offer a bespoke service. Cufflinks are very much back in fashion and I have a large selection and am always making more. Pop over to the Jude's Jewels website and have a look.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Second Weekend at Edinburgh Markets

Hi everyone,

I'm so pleased that we got to the end of our second weekend at Edinburgh Markets. 4 days in the capitol, 12 hours each day, really takes a bit of stamina. We also did 2 farmers markets last week as well. A lot of work as I had to work hard to keep our stock levels up, keep making and dispatching the website orders, and get out to the markets as well.

We had 2 good days in Edinburgh on Friday and Saturday, but Thursday was a wash out and Sunday was quiet.  Jen did Helensburgh Farmers Market on Friday and it rained there all day, so customers were a bit thin on the ground. Jen and I did Stirling Farmers Market on Saturday and had a good day. It only rained a wee bit then the sun came out.  This week we have 4 days in Edinburgh and Cupar Farmers Market on Saturday.

I've just had a delivery of 2x2 pink Lego bricks, and I've managed to get hold of some more purple 2x2 and 2x1 bricks. These are like gold dust so I'm very lucky to have found them. I also managed to get a couple of Hagrid Mini figures and found some Lego coupler plates that I'm going to be making into heart pendants, so watch out for these being listed. I'm just about to take photos and list some new Mini Figure pendants as well, including a Pirate.

Also delivered this morning were my new lures and flies for more fishing earrings and pendants. I hope to have some listed by this afternoon, if I can find my heavy duty cutters as I need to de-barb the hooks.






I also got my new sterling silver plated antique stampings delivered from the States today. Lots of new earrings and pendants to follow very soon, so look out for Unicorns, Sea Horses, Dragonflies, Elephants and Cats, as well as Bats and Butterflies.











As usual Scrabble and Lego rings are selling very well everywhere, but it's nice to see so many other items being ordered on the website, especially Lego and Scrabble bracelets. At Edinburgh markets it was teacup rings, teapot pendants and food rings that were the biggest sellers.

We really did have a busy weekend as we had 2 parties as well, a 21st on Saturday night and a 60th on Sunday. Got to dress up and I wore my new feather hairband and matching pendant and earrings.


I've just been out for a wee jog/walk, the first time out in about 8 weeks, so I took it slowly and managed just over a mile. My goal now is to jog more and walk less, then start to go a bit further. Hopefully I'll get back to circuit training on Monday too.











So I'd better get back to work, Nick has just come in and wants to work on the fishing lure things.

Have a good week.
Jude x

No comments:

Post a Comment